[NAFEX] Saskatoons - disappointing

Doc Lisenby longdistshtr at shtc.net
Sun Jul 2 12:59:01 EDT 2006

"Salts and acids are said to 'wake up' the palate, and allow it to
appreciate
flavors.  Without those, food tastes flat. "

Stephen

Citric acid is added to many "soft drinks"/"pop"/ "cold drinks"/etc. for
that "twang".  I use it for adding acidity and flavor to modern "low-acid"
tomatoes during canning.  It also helps retain canned fruit colors.  It is
sold commercially under a copyrighted name but I buy mine from a chemical
supply house. It is much cheaper than lemon  juice away from citrus-growing
areas, but not as "natural".
Doc