[NAFEX] fish emulsions vs deer (deer fences)

Jerrydana5 at aol.com Jerrydana5 at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 07:19:12 EDT 2006

I have struggled with deer for years (used dogs, human hair, soap in apple
trees, Milorganite, 8 foot mesh fences, etc) and found that finally an electric
fence is the only thing that works, and it does work.  Bait it regularly with
peanut butter right on the wire.  They take a lick, and you won't be bothered.
 They won't jump it as they are too scared to get close.
I am concerned that some early morning I'll look out and see 3 deer in tennis
shoes carrying a metal pole and walking up to my fence . . . . .  Jerry in
southern Indiana