[NAFEX] Gummosis? on peaches

Dennis Norton dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Thu Apr 27 14:41:38 EDT 2006

Shirley,

If the gum is on the peaches and forms spots, the peaches have bacterial
spot, as in the photos at the following link:
http://www.caf.wvu.edu/kearneysville/disease_descriptions/ombactsp.html
Bacterial spot is different from gummosis.

 The only spray for bacterial spot is Mycoshield.  Mycoshield should be used
after a Champ (copper) or Kocide spray.  Apply the copper at dormancy or
prior to 1/2 " green and the Mycoshield at peach shuck split.  If you do not
spray, the disease will be worse the following season.  After the original
Mycoshield spray you can follow-up the next season with wettable sulfur 95%
instead of  Mycoshield and then rotate each successive season.  The sulfur
you already sprayed may not have been a sufficient  rate to stop it.  If you
need more information, you can contact me at my e-mail address.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com