[NAFEX] Ticks (was: ATNN:Fruit persons of Maine)

DocKW at aol.com DocKW at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 10:29:24 EDT 2006

Forget trying to tell which tick gave you Lyme.....they ALL carry it...
Here in SW Conn we have the same tick plague....and about half of the tick
bites will confer an infection.  This can be serious so get to the doc if you
find an embedded tick .
The tick population and disease problem is related to the mouse and deer
populations....both are huge.
Past studies have shown this relationship to be true.  SO,  get rid of the
critters in any way you can that is legal and help control this problem.  If you
don't have Lyme in your area yet...and there are a lot of ticks,,,it is only
a matter of time...so be cautious.

Karl W. Olson, D.M.D.

PS I wear 18inch high rubber boots in the orchard and ONLY go out if I have
repellent on them and my clothes.