[NAFEX] Plum Graft

Hélène Dessureault interverbis at videotron.ca
Sun Apr 23 14:48:07 EDT 2006

If the graft is close to the ground, you could add soil around the base of
the tree up to above the graft union. The stronger tree above would
hopefully make roots to support itself.
I have seen the same phonomenon with pears grafted on hawtnorne. Eventually
the graft cannot support the top growth.
Hélène, zone 3-4