[NAFEX] Black raspberry germplasm request--worth helping

Richard Moyer ramoyer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 23:21:08 EDT 2006

 Folks,
I had the privilege of working with Chad Finn several years ago, and would
like to highly encourage your participation with this request for collecting
native black raspberry fruit.  Chad has acres of red raspberry and
blackberry and multiple other small fruit trials going on, and he has the
skills, energy and infrastructure to attempt improvements of the standard
black raspberry cultivars.

Hope you can participate.  If you have any questions of concerns, Michael or
Chad should be able to address these.

Having a USDA-ARS researcher of this caliber willing to improve this minor
fruit is exciting.  If you are wondering why anyone would want more black
raspberries, check out the work of Gary Stoner at Ohio State University,
where they are using black raspberries in human trials to treat several
cancers.
General info: http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/healthyforlife/2386.shtml
Technical abstracts: http://lib.bioinfo.pl/auth:Stoner,GD

Richard Moyer