[NAFEX] Veteran Peaches

Nathan Torgerson nathantorgerson at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 23:03:32 EDT 2006

On Cornell's site (http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/pubs/fls/OCRPDF/117a.pdf), they list Veteran as a hardy peach on par with Reliance, but has better qualities than Reliance (non-oxidizing, for example).  This is the first I have heard of that variety mentioned as cold hardy to that level.  Has anyone had any experience with this variety and would they recommend it for trial in zone 4?

  Counting my Reliance blossom buds before the open (finally some signs of life after a relatively mild winter and a great April!),

  Nate
  Andover, MN