[NAFEX] Ya Pears

Jim Cooper JCooper at lewiston.k12.id.us
Thu Apr 20 17:54:03 EDT 2006

If I have a few grafts that I put on last year, should I allow them to fruit this year?

Of the 17 grafts all 17 took! for a beginner that was great!

I have 2-3 that are budding this year and yet I am not sure they are strong enough this year to support the fruit? I would thin them to one fruit, but the diameter growth from last year was small. So I think I need to support them or not allow them to fruit yet.

What do you think?

Jim
N. Idaho
finally like spring

>>> lonrom at hevanet.com 4/20/2006 2:35 PM >>>
Estimate two to three years, though I've seen grafts from mature trees
bear in one year.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.