[NAFEX] Info re: Goof, George's Red, Merton's Knave, Red Devil Apple

Peter Chrisbacher pxbacher.ls at comcast.net
Thu Apr 20 12:13:18 EDT 2006

Alan Browne is the man who grows and recommends "Goof," at least among
the Backyard Fruit Growers - I'm guessing that's where you got the
scion.  He has 1000 apple trees and says it is unique - it's one of his
favorites.  Not sure of the original source but the previous description
sounds like what I'd heard him describe in the past.

I'll forward your email to him and will ask him about it (hopefully I'll
remember :-O ) on Saturday.

Pete Chrisbacher
SE PA - Zone 6B