[NAFEX] Too late to graft apples.

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Tue Apr 18 07:09:17 EDT 2006

On Apr 17, 2006, at 9:36 PM, Jwlehman at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/17/2006 9:59:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> list at ginda.us writes:
>
>> In fact, he said go ahead and graft from my multi-tree if I want
>> to, he thinks the only problem is that it's a little too late in
>> the season.
>

> No, no, no, it's not too late to graft apples. Here in Indiana I
> graft them up to mid June. Works fine. But maybe not budding.
>
> Jerry

Have your trees leafed out by then?

I decided to try grafting now, even though all of the wood I could
take from one of the trees had small leaves.  As Dr. Cummins pointed
out, if the grafts don't take, I can always try to bud the trees
later this season.  It's supposed to be cool and overcast, with a
high chance of rain for a few days, so I'm optimistic.

Ginda