[NAFEX] Seeking advice about paw paws

Jim Notkey nottke1 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 16 06:25:07 EDT 2006

Diane,

Having grown pawpaws from seed, transplanted from the wild, and grown named
varieties, my advice is to purchase a named variety from a reputable
nursery
or from <http://www.petersonpawpaws.com/Order.php>.  Production per tree,
fruit size, pulp-to-seed ration, sweetness, and aftertaste tend to be a lot
better with a named variety.  Also, by paying someone else for babysitting
the grafted tree for a couple years, you will get fruit a couple years
faster.
Having said that, I do have a couple trees-from-seed that yield good fruit,
almost as good as named varieties - but that is out of 50 trees I started
from seed.
Also be sure to read <http://www.pawpaw.kysu.edu/>

Jim Nottke

used to change other email options):