[NAFEX] Blueberry groundcovers--moss or teaberry

Michael Dossett phainopepla at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 23:31:38 EDT 2006

Gualtheria procumbens will work, but there are a
couple of important things to consider.  Blueberries
like sun whereas Gualtheria procumbens *really* needs
shade.  This is less of a problem if your blueberry
bushes are already large and mature.  The other
consideration is that they will always be in
competition with the shallow-rooted Blueberries for
water and nutrients.  This combination may be
workeable, but I would say certainly is not ideal.

Michael