[NAFEX] daffodils and fruit trees

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Wed Apr 12 09:47:27 EDT 2006

I've had daffodils under several apple trees for many years.  They
bloom before the trees leaf out, they show no signs of any competition,
but the one drawback is that you have to leave the area where they grow
unmowed until the daffodil leaves mature.  Otherwise you'll have to
hand weed them.  If you have more than a few trees with daffodils, that
can add up to serious amounts of time.  And if you mow before the
leaves die back, no flowers next year.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.