[NAFEX] Apple flavor

Dennis Norton dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Thu Apr 6 17:48:15 EDT 2006

<Turns me off of eating apples.>

Chris, say it ain't so!!

With over 7,000 know varieties of apples worldwide, I think you could surely
find at least one you could fall in love with!  For me it's a fresh picked
home grown Royal Empire.  Honeycrisp ain't bad either, but give me a Royal
Empire any time!

We have all of these varieites for many reasons such as disease
resitance,etc. but taste has played an important role.  And taste varies as
much as there are people in the world.  Flavor is why we have cultivars and
grafting.  We know that a variety perpetuated through seeds eventually loses
it's original flavor and characteristics.  Grafting to rootstock assures us
of maintaining the true original qualities of the cultivar plus many other
things.  Ergo, NAFEX!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com