[NAFEX] I want a fruit-storage cooler.

Erdman, Jim ErdmanJ at uwstout.edu
Thu Apr 6 12:57:35 EDT 2006

tanisgrif <mailto:tanisgrif at yahoo.com>   wrote:

<<Some people want a deck w/ a hot-tub; I want a fruit-storage cooler.>>

I have friends that have  a CSA and needed a walk in cooler for vegetable and fruit storage.  They built a well insulated room onto their house and use an air conditioner to cool it.  It has worked well for them, but has only been in use since the end of last summer.  It did get as cool as they wanted in late summer, and might be an idea worth considering for small scale fruit storage.  Air conditioners can be pretty cheap, readily available, and are being made more energy efficient.

Jim, in Menomonie, WI