[NAFEX] I want a fruit-storage cooler.

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 10:25:53 EDT 2006

tanisgrif  wrote:

<<Some people want a deck w/ a hot-tub; I want a fruit-storage cooler.>>

Watch the papers. I've seen walk in coolers for sale by beer & wine stores.
Seems they get them when more cold storage space is needed then later build a
refrigerated area and sell the coolers. I purchased one such and have seen
several others advertised.

One thing to watch for, some compressors are "indoor compressors." The design
uses a light weight oil that becomes too thick if the temp gets down to about
10 degrees and wears out quickly. The walk in cooler I bought was setting
indoors in the rear of the store and lasted 2 winters out doors here. The new
compressor was more than I paid for the entire unit 2 years prior.  Still, I only
have $2,700 total in mine.

No, I wouldn't trade mine for a hot tub!  Not 2.
Jerry