[NAFEX] Early apple, Liveland Raspberry

Ed Fackler efackler at woh.rr.com
Wed Apr 5 17:29:05 EDT 2006

In warmer districts, it is flavorless.

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org]On Behalf Of kieran or donna
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 4:10 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: [NAFEX] Early apple, Liveland Raspberry

Someone asked about this one last year, and I responded that I knew of a
tree and had grafted from it because I liked it so well.  It doesn't come in
till early August here if I remember correctly, a lot later than
Transparent, but is very nice for dessert, pies, and drying.  Doesn't get
mushy like so many early apples, and a good sweet/tart flavor.(Someone
mentioned they don't like tart apples, and liked Gala best.  I find Gala
extremely boring.)  Is anyone else familiar with this variety?  I'd rather
know it's weaknesses now than later.

sites.
permission!

No exceptions.