[NAFEX] lime sulfur

MARIE ASHTON bwoodtx at verizon.net
Wed Apr 5 16:39:50 EDT 2006

Yes, the fungus sounds like Mushroom Root Rot and it will kill a tree. It is
also known as Oak Root Rot. It will produce Mushrooms on the tree trunk in
the latter stage. There is a lot of information on the web about Mushroom
Root Rot. I do not know any cure. The only recommendation is to remove the
tree and either do not replant  for 3 years or clean the hole out past the
root line and put in new dirt. This is a problem I had on some new land I
put trees on. It is caused by decaying wood. It will usually die out in
about 3 years if it does not have anything to feed on.
Richard Ashton
Oak Creek Orchard
www.oakcreekorchard.com
bwoodtx at verizon.net