[NAFEX] Advice on drip irrigation

Jim Fruth jfruth at uslink.net
Mon Apr 3 09:19:38 EDT 2006

    The best drip irrigation that I have discovered for irrigating trees
comes from The Dripworks, a California based Company.  I use their thin-wall
polyethylene mainline because I can use the same fittings that I use for
T-Tape.  I use T-Tape for irrigating all of the berry bushes.
    My trees get irrigated around their drip-line using 1/4" soaker hoses
with barbs into the mainline, barbs that are especially designed for
collecting water from the mail-line.  As the trees grow, I move the soaker
lines further out along the circumference and only need to move them once
every year or so.  This system allows for a minimum investment of both time
and dollars.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm