[NAFEX] Apple flavor

Rodney reveland at collinscom.net
Sun Apr 2 15:58:52 EDT 2006

I came across this website that judges various apples for eating, baking,
etc.

http://www.apple-works.com/perfect.html

Under the section Apple Tips it says: All apples continue to ripen on
storage and become, sweeter, though proper
refrigeration slows this process.

If this is true would it be best to wait until spring to purchase apples
such as Fuji and Gold Rush if you don't care for tart apples? It almost
sounds like apples that have been in storage for a few months have a very
different taste than those fresh off the tree. For some reason this never
really occured to me. Last winter I preferred Gala as the best supermarket
apple for me.