[NAFEX] Early apples

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 1 14:07:16 EST 2006

And the other 2 were...?

----Original Message Follows----
From: "loneroc" <>
To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <>
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Early apples
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 05:37:05 -0600

Hi Ed,

I don't have Ginger Gold but I like Vista Bella for a very early apple.  As
with all early apple time of picking is crucial for texture, but if you get
it just right it has a very crisp texture.  It's not particularly scab
resistant--it also has large (white) flowers and although it is an early
bloomer it was one of three apples that bore a full crop for me last year
when a series of hard late freezes wiped out just about everything else.

For a Krispi treat that comes a bit later in the season Centennial!

Steve H Lone Rock, WI