[NAFEX] Early apples

Ed Fackler efackler at woh.rr.com
Sat Apr 1 10:45:25 EST 2006

For those anticipating planting Ginger Gold, here is my experience with it
in S. Ind. (zone 6...tough to grow apples)

At peak harvest its flavor was okay...not great.  Texture was good or
semi-crisp.  Fruit size is generally very large when properly thinned.

It is hyper sensative to fireblight...perhaps equal to Spitzenburg.  Tree
vigor was very high and it is a tip bearing sort.

ed