[NAFEX] jujubes

MARIE ASHTON bwoodtx at verizon.net
Wed Sep 28 11:21:13 EDT 2005

We have only one of the jujubes that the Chinese consider good for fresh
eating, and that is "Honey Jar" variety (small, sweet, thin skinned and
juicy also bears early) . But there is one that was developed at the plant
introduction station at Chico, California (now closed). It is called "Chico"
(or GI 7-62) and has a flat bottom like a pumpkin that is good for fresh
eating (medium size, sweet with acid taste like an apple, many people's
favorite).
There are others like "Sugar Cane" that are all purpose Jujubes.
I orignally asked the question to get other people's opinions as everyone's
tastes are not the same.
Richard Ashton
7b/8a
Brownwood, Texas