[NAFEX] fruit bagging

Lisa Almarode lisaalmarode at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 12:27:06 EDT 2005

Bagging (plastic baggies) did not slow down our main pest, birds.
Either blackbirds, scrub jays or flickers.  Most of the apples and
pears have vanished, both bagged and not, and some of the little
remaining bagged fruit has peck-marks and holes in the bags.

I guess birds are notorious for not seeing glass windows, either.
Perhaps newspaper would work; we get next-to-no rain in summer.  Or
perhaps as the trees get larger and produce more there will be some
for us, too.  Or how much would it cost to bird-net a quarter-acre
(grumble, darn birds)

Lisa in Ashland Oregon
USDA Z7 - Sunset Z7 - 1800' - 19" annual rainfall