[NAFEX] pawpaw shelters?

Bob Hartley bob at sprucemt.com
Tue Sep 13 15:32:34 EDT 2005

I get a length of  eight inch diameter corrugated black polyethylene
drain pipe, available from stores like Home Depot or Lowes, and cut it
into 10 or 12 inch sections.  Bury one end just enough to hold it in
place around the seeds .  I plant 3 or four seeds in each and keep the
first one that gets above the top, by which time protection is no longer
needed.  None of the local varmints bother pawpaws at any stage short of
fruiting.

Bob Hartley,  Adams county PA,  Z6