[NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 32, Issue 18(apple bagging)

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 20:59:08 EDT 2005

Where are you?

I've not followed the bagging discussions closely.  Are growers seeing preferences
for paper vs plastic, or closed plastic vs plastic w/ corner cut, in different
climates/ zones?

--- fuwa fuwa usagi wrote:
Very quickly...I ahve had extremely disappointing results with using ziplock bags
and cutting the corners.

1) the aforementioned condesation
2) fairly heavy insect infestation problems

In the past I have used paper bags, and newspaper and found them farmore
satisfactory.  I was intrigued by the idea of plasticallowing coloration to take
place.  Next year I hope to perform amore controlled experiment, but I suspect, that
plastic will proveinferior to paper.

the fluffy bunny