[NAFEX] Apple Bagging Question

Biz Storms biz.storms at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 12 18:41:36 EDT 2005

Hi Jim,

Out of all my bagged apples, I only had two that split, and both were cider
apples. Many bags still have a small amount of water inside, and they all
look great. I've started to remove many of the bags as the different
varieties approach their approximate harvest time. Only about 10% have had
insects sneak in through the narrow gap at the top. About two weeks ago we
found the remains of several apples, chomped into pieces, still inside their
bags. I'm sure the deer that attempted this midnight raid have put out the
word that our apples sure taste lousy. I wish I could have seen their faces.

I'm definitely going to bag again next year, since in most instances, the
bagged apples are all larger than the unbagged ones that have managed
tosurvive.

Cheers, Bizmark
Zone 5, Creemore, Ontario