[NAFEX] Apple Storage?

Dylan Ford dford at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Sun Sep 11 17:45:46 EDT 2005

From: "Thomas Olenio"
 Hello All,
 I understand that commerical apple storage uses a carbon dioxide
 environment.

Folks, don't know if this applies to this conversation, but I understand the
ancient egyptians stored their grain, produce, etc.,  in pure carbon dioxide
environments to eliminate rodents and hatching insects. The agricultural
products were placed in airtight rooms. Large candles would be lit and then
the door would be sealed. The candles would burn until the oxygen had all
been consumed and converted to CO2 and then would go out.

I suppose if one were cautious this could be applied to containers. dylan

 Dylan Ford is the author of the proposal at www.ideaforpresident.com , a
website devoted to an idea that could provide an avenue to address pollution
issues, food safety, social justice, prison reform and healthcare.