[NAFEX] Peach - probably a seedling

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Sun Sep 11 12:04:24 EDT 2005

At 09:49 AM 9/10/2005, you wrote:
>Thanks for the reply Lucky. I would like to obtain scionwood in the spring
>of both these if available.
Will be glad to get those for you.  Just remember to remind me about 'em
when the time comes.

Peaches come fairly 'true' from seed - especially when you get into some of
those old landrace types - like those we've been discussing.  Probably 75%
or more of seedlings will be more or less indistinguishable from the
parent, with regard to fruit qualities, but you do have to wait longer for
a seedling peach to come into production.

Lucky