[NAFEX] Grafted Pine Trees

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sat Sep 10 23:44:35 EDT 2005

Does anyone know of a source of grafted trees of Pinus edulis or P.
pinea, the two pine species grown for pine nuts?  I've seen them in the
past, but it has been years and I can't find the nursery that sold
them.  I suspect there may be small, local nurseries somewhere, but a
mail order source would be the best.
Seed is available of both species, but both take so long to come into
bearing that a tree grafted from an old, bearing tree would have to be
faster.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.