[NAFEX] Dolgo crab

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 10 08:30:50 EDT 2005

Depending on the person rating the disease or maybe the climate it's grown
in, some rate Dolgo as more scab susceptible.  I saw huge difs in scab
infection in other cvs this year-- VERY dry-- compared to a rainy year.

I was interested in the pedigree of Centennial because I grafted some this
spring, it failed completely on MM111 and barely grew on Bud.118, and looks
like baccata rather than regular apple.  I was about to destroy all my
volunteer baccata trees, but now I might save 1 or 2 for top-working w/
Centennial (& maybe Dolgo!)

tc, s.WI, lite soil (tho incredibly green considering the drought), seeing
more & more baccata weeds