[NAFEX] a Glenora black grape with soft green wood

Charles Paradise machelp at attglobal.net
Sun Sep 4 11:05:49 EDT 2005

In the early 70's the family ordered a Glenora black grape.

Apparantly the same vine still exists.   A few years ago, I was on a ladder picking Kahinta plums when I was astonished to see black grapes hanging in the same tree.  The vine hard wood is 3 feet long, then 6 feet more of soft green wood.

Assuming the Glenora is worth retaining, what's my best protection method to get this soft green wood to make it through the winter?  In leaves?  Buried?

Thanks
Charlie Paradise