[NAFEX] fruit-growing, rebuilding a city

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sat Sep 3 15:06:43 EDT 2005

As a member of the GWA, I've looked into the planting of fruit trees.
Not workable unless there is someone there to take care of the trees.
The cities don't want them because most take spray and special pruning,
and so many city dwellers haven't a clue as to what to do with the
fruit, so it goes to waste.  Much better to just donate your  spare
fruit.

Ironically, the GWA's annual meeting is on now in Vancouver, BC.  Had
this come up sooner, it could have been brought up at the meeting.

For now, the best thing you can do is donate extra fruit to food banks.

-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.