[NAFEX] fruit-growing, rebuilding a city

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Sat Sep 3 12:54:17 EDT 2005

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:29:21 +0000, tanis cuff <tanistanis at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I was thinking that the ENTIRE city will need to be rebuilt,
> landscaping included.  (How many species of trees & herbacious can
> survive 3 months' submersion?)

Hi,

How much of that water in New Orleans is saltwater?

Huricanes pick up water and carry it inland.  If salt levels in the soil
rise due to this movement of saltwater, or if saltwater breeched the levy
system, soil concerns and salt toxicity come to mind.

I have never been to New Orleans, so possibly someone else is better
informed.

Later,
Tom