[NAFEX] Idared

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Sat Sep 3 11:26:00 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am looking for some personal experience with Idared apple.

Is is supposed to be powdery mildew susceptible, like athan, Granny Smith,
Mutsu (Crispin), Rome, Cortland, Baldwin, and Monroe.

My question is; To what degree is it susceptible.

Anyone have any experience?  I am in a river valley with poor air
drainage.  Someone has given me a tree, and I wonder if I should plant it
or pass it on.

Can anyone reccomend an apple variety resistant to PM, that will thrive in
zone 5?

Thanks,
Tom