[NAFEX] orchard in Mass w/Northern Spy (was firm cooking apples)

Charles Paradise machelp at attglobal.net
Thu Sep 1 01:18:13 EDT 2005

> Thanks everyone.
>
> Charlie - you live in my general neighborhood.  Where can I buy
> Northern Spies?  (reply off list if you like.)  I see a few of them
> for one week at one market, and wonder if anyone sells them in more
> quantity.
>
> Ginda

Ginda,
An orchard in Stow has them, In Stow
 in Massachusetts. ...
        Carver Hill Orchards
                                                                                  Stow
                                                                                                                    (978) 897-6117
        Derby Orchard
                                                                                  Stow
                                                                                                                    (978) 897-7507
        Honeypot Hill Orchard
                                                                                  Stow
                                                                                                                    (978) 562-5666
        Shelburne Farm
                                                                                  Stow
                                                                                                                    (978) 897-9287
I think the one I buy Spys at regularly is Derby.  Check them and if they're not the ones, I'll take note next time I'm over there.  The best deal is an orchard where the spys aren't picked till October 20, their ripening date [despite what may be otherwise stated].

Oh I see Shelburne says them have them: Welcome to Shelburne Farm
Northern Spy. Oct. 8. 2 ? 3 weeks ... Shelburne Farm is the oldest Pick Your Own
apple orchard in eastern Massachusetts .
Charlie