[NAFEX] Watering Potted Figs?

loneroc loneroc at mwt.net
Tue Nov 29 10:23:32 EST 2005

Pete.  That agrees w/my observations..  On especially hot days or if I would
be out of town I'd set the garden hose nozzle in the pot and let the water
just barely run.  I think that consistent water + heavy fertilization were
the key to this year's fig crop.  Folks who grow figs in the ground might be
able to get by w/o fertilizer, but figs seem to do well with higher nutrient
levels than most other potted plants need.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI