[NAFEX] Summer Topping of Apple Trees

lee reich lreich at hvc.rr.com
Wed Nov 23 09:47:08 EST 2005

In my experience, response will vary from year to year because over
most of continental US, growing conditions vary so much from year to
year as far as temperatures, rainfall, and humidity. This is one
reason that recommendations for pruning espaliered apples and pears,
which originated in the relatively consistent growing conditions of
northern Europe, do not work so well here as far as developing fruit
buds.

Lee Reich, PhD
www.leereich.com

Books by Lee Reich: