[NAFEX] Cold Peaches ?

Dennis Norton dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Tue Nov 22 18:36:42 EST 2005

Hello Richard!

We have been growing peaches in zone 4b/5a for about 8 years.  We planted
about 10 new varieties in April of 2004 and have had good success with the
following varieties:

Flamin' Fury PF1, PF7, PF24, Red Haven, John Boy, FA59 Coral Star, Encore,
Laurol, Contender and Sugar Giant being new varieties that are now have been
through one winter with no winter kill.   Earliglow, Madison, Starking
Delicious, Reliance, Summer Pearl, Redskin and Stark Finale are our older
varieties and have been through -10 degrees with no problem.

Our Flamin' Fury are from Paul Friday in Michigan, but were purchased
through Adam's County Nursery in Pennsylvania.  There stock is grown in
Sussex County, Delaware which is actually zone 6/7.   You can visit Adam's
County site at http://www.acnursery.com  and Paul Friday at
http://www.flaminfury.com/.

Our older trees came from Stark Bros. in Missouri.  They have seen several
harsh winters and have weathered well.  Hope some of the info helps.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard