[NAFEX] Cold Peaches ?

Richard MURPHY murphman108 at msn.com
Mon Nov 21 20:03:09 EST 2005

Hi Gang;

Today's question is about peach trees.

I see 3 varieties listed as 'hardy'.

Reliance   -   Intrepid   -   Contender

All say 'zone 4'.
Descriptions vary, some claim bud & flower hardiness, too.
That's where my big orchard is; zone 4 central Maine.
Do any of you have first hand experience with peaches in southern zone 4 or colder?
I intend to trial 2 trees of each, starting in spring '06.
Anyone been there ??

Thanks

Richard Murphy

PS    Remember that all that stuff you may consider to be common knowledge, perhaps laying idle in your brain for years, can be dug up and tossed at a novice such as myself. It is received, used, then tucked away for the next dreamer.
RM