[NAFEX] Paw Paw species propagation

bassem at gardener.com bassem at gardener.com
Wed Nov 9 17:25:58 EST 2005

I have a sugar apple "annona squamosa", I grow it in a container... It fruits well for me with artificial pollination. I need to try crossing it with pawpaw. If I tried getting pollen from the pawpaw flower and applied it to the stigma of the A. squamosa, Would that be the common way? Is that usually done at a sterile environment?
The flowers are much different. I always wondered if any one tried it. The Annona might flower at different time than the pawpaw... In my greenhouse it blooms early april... but may continue blooming until july... so I need to test it next spring.

Bassem Samaan
zone 6 pa