[NAFEX] Shade and Ornamental Groups?

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Wed Nov 9 17:13:40 EST 2005

At 02:14 PM 11/9/2005, you wrote:
>Hi again,
>Could anyone suggest an organization or on-line group that is similar to NAFEX
>but focuses on shade trees, shrubs, and woody ornamentals? I find plenty of
>specific groups, like for lilacs, and other gardener groups, but I am
>looking for
>something more like amateur nursery folks trading cuttings and seeds.

Closest things I can think of offhand are:
Northern Nut Growers Association(and it's constituent state & regional
associations)
http://www.northernnutgrowers.org
and
International Oak Society
http://www.saintmarys.edu/~rjensen/ios.html
Certainly, many of the tree species(oaks, pecans, hickories, walnuts,
persimmons, pawpaws, pines) would fit into the category of shade trees -
and some fit the ornamental bill, as well!  Both NNGA and IOS offer
seed/plant material trade/swap/purchase opportunities.

Lucky