[NAFEX] netting support for blueberries

lee reich lreich at hvc.rr.com
Wed Nov 9 13:32:33 EST 2005

I used to net my blueberries with a temporary, walk-in cage whose
uprights were 8' long metal electrical conduit pipes pounded into the
ground. I connected the tops with pvc plumbing pipe, putting T's at
appropriate places to sit on the metal pipes. I then draped netting
over the whole cage and held down the edges with metal stapes and
pieces of pipe.

I recently upgraded to permanent side netting held up by locust posts
whose tops were joined by rebar. When fruit is ripening, I drape
light netting over the area and further support the middles with
metal conduit pipe capped by an overturned jar.

Attached is a lo-resolution image of the uncovered cage.

Lee Reich, PhD
www.leereich.com

Books by Lee Reich:
Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden