[NAFEX] turtles (off-topic, Pomona article)

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 8 15:03:33 EST 2005

I wish our local herpatologist was on the list!  Yeah, the sunning problem I
don't know how to solve, except to install something suitable away from the
road?  And to convince jerks not to aim to drive over turtles!

I was told some turtle species only venture across roads to breed, lay eggs,
etc., and then they want to go back to "their" pond or other home area.  And
I don't know how the new hatchlings choose THEIR ponds...