[NAFEX] nProtecting apple trees

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Tue Nov 8 13:59:43 EST 2005

Hi,

We are rural, and in the fall there are the empty bags from winter wheat
seed.  These are three ply (paper-vapor barrier -paper).

We just tape the white side of the bag to the SW, wrapping the tree, and
then duct tape it on.

Rabbits and mice ignore trees that are wrapped with the seed bags.

I am not sure if the seed is treated, and this odor, trasferres to the
bags, however it does not appeal to to varmits, and it works.

Cheap too.

Later,
tom