[NAFEX] netting support for blueberries

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Tue Nov 8 12:14:35 EST 2005

I would use metal.  You can use a roll of fencing with pretty wide squares.
I will want to naturally form the arc you want, is pre-constructed, and can
me removed and rolled back up.  Extra fencing material can be used to make
trellises and, well - fences.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of E.C. Pasour
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 8:46 AM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: [NAFEX] netting support for blueberries

I use plastic netting over my blueberry planting to keep the birds out.
Is there a pliable plastic pipe that I might use to provide framework
for the netting. I'm proposing to make an arc over the berries using
plastic pipes spaced every 10 feet or so to provide the framework. What
type of plastic pipe would allow me to do this?