[NAFEX] cornus officinalis

Diane Whitehead voltaire at islandnet.com
Tue Nov 1 11:41:39 EST 2005

I would be interested in reading such a discussion, or at least, a
compilation, as last month I tried to differentiate several Cornus
mas and a tree labelled Cornus officinalis 'Issai Minari' . Leaves,
bark, and fruit all looked the same, except fruit was a bit later on
the officinalis than on the mas.  I took a magnifier to search the
underside of leaf veins for little clumps of hairs that C.
officinalis is supposed to have, but couldn't see them on our tree.

--
Diane Whitehead  Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
maritime zone 8