[NAFEX] Sudden pecan death.

O'Barr, R. D. topgun at otelco.net
Tue May 31 17:50:37 EDT 2005

Sometimes with pecan there is a borer that cuts all of the cambium but
leaves the bark. In this case just moderate pressure will break the limb off
and it looks as though cut clean by a razor straight across. Sometimes a
flatheaded apple tree borer will ring the tree and kill all above that spot.
 I put out the official release on Moreland so I like it very much for most
locations but along the coast and very moist locations, humidity wise, it
will scab without scab preventative sprays.
Topgun