[NAFEX] Moldy seed germination

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Tue May 31 14:23:01 EDT 2005

Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of bluestem_farm at juno.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 4:22 AM
To: nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [NAFEX] Moldy seed germination

Tanis,
When I'm trying to get seed to grow with a really hard seed coat, it often
ends up moldy.  I convinced myself a while ago that that's how it should be.
The Baptisia hard seeds only seem to germinate after molding.
Muffy

-- "tanis cuff" <tanistanis at hotmail.com> wrote:
  I have to wonder if
the mold/rot broke down any germination inhibitors?  That seems to be the
one thing which worked FOR me.