[NAFEX] Strawberry Problem

Richard Frost frost at san.rr.com
Sun May 29 22:25:13 EDT 2005

What is the "Pomona" ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Fruth [mailto:jfruth at uslink.net]
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 6:44 AM
To: nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [NAFEX] Strawberry Problem

Ginda,
   You wrote:
Without the leaves to hide in, I'm afraid the alpines will fall prey to
the same critters that make it impossible for me to harvest ordinary
strawberries.  Sigh.  (Lots of June-bearing plants, lots of flowers,
lots of little green berries, many big white berries, maybe 3 red
berries over the season. . .  An increase over the zero red berries I
had pre-cat.)

   If you haven't yet read the most recent Pomona, you may wish to do so.  I
wrote an article in it that addresses how to keep critters from eating red
strawberries.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm